Termination of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) by Jan 2014
1. As announced since 1 January 2013 through the ePCO system and leaflets at all MITI counters, effective 1 January 2014, Malaysia will no longer enjoy the GSP schemes offered by the EU and TURKEY. Malaysia has been graduated out of the scheme in light of the country achieving upper middle income status (according to the World Bank). MITI will no longer issue FORM A to EU, TURKEY and ASEAN countries (TURKEY is part of EU Custom Union).
2. It has been informed that some Custom Authorities will reject the FORM A of goods arriving on 1 January 2014. Manufacturers and exporters are thus advised to apply for the FORM A early and make the necessary arrangements to ensure goods arrive at the destination before 1 January 2014.
3. Information on the GSP rate can be obtained via:
4. Please take note that exports to Norway, Switzerland, Russia, Belarus & Japan are not affected. MITI will continually update on any new developments about the GSP through ePCO system.
5. For further enquiries on GSP related matters, please contact MITI GSP Unit using the details below:
Mr. Gan Chee Koon
Mr. Ariffatri Mohammad
Mr. Anuar Safian
In the meantime, should you have any other queries, please contact CARELINE:
Tel : 1 300 133 133
Fax : 603-2713 2990
Email : email@example.com
Facebook : Dagang Net Careline
eCareline : www.dagangnet.com/eCareline