The founding of our association is on 25 August, 1993 as Selangor and Federal Territory Mould and Die Association (SAFTMADA), ROS registration no.: 1664/93 (Wilayah Persekutuan).
However on 13 September, 2001 the association was nationalized and the name was changed to Malaysia Mould and Die Association (MMADA). 马来西亞模具廠商公會
As more and more related metalworking and engineering supporting industries acknowledged our association, we gradually expanded our operations to improve our members services, effective 25 August, 2017 our association names officially change to “MALAYSIAN SPECIAL TOOLING AND MACHINING ASSOCIATION” (MSTMA). 马来西亚模具暨机械加工协会
The Association will continue to operate in its current structure as a national body representing companies which are involved in metalworking and engineering supporting industries, especially those associated with mould and die, the precision tooling technology, and the machining sectors.
To promote and protect the general interest of all its members by providing the means of mutual co-operation in exchanging and leveraging technical knowledge and business development in and out of Malaysia.
- To promote technical research and facilitate development in respect to the mould and die industry.
- To organize activities and seminars in relation to the mould and die industry.
- To act as a center for submission and collection of mould and die information.
- To communicate and establish links between internal and foreign mould and die organizations. Currently also a member of Federation of Asian Die and Mould Association (FADMA) consisting of 11 countries member associations.
- Number of members as at Apr 30, 2012 : 212
- Monthly Meeting
Monthly meeting is attended by all committee member and held once a month for discussion, planning and resolution of incoming and outgoing matters in relation to the normal operating activities of the association.
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Held once a year attended by all committee and ordinary members. The committee members are to report all the significant matters for the past calendar year. To adopt suggestion and implement any important agendas concerning the Association.
- Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM)
Emergency general meeting called up by members and committee in order to resolve any urgent extraordinary.
- General Meeting and Election
Election for president and committee members are held every two years.